Friday, March 22, 2013

Late post: MEGAYAP4GRABS experience.


I'm a person who loves joining online contests, desperately hoping to win. Most of the time, I join twitter and blog contests because I think there's a greater chance of winning as compared to contests on Facebook. I have won a number of twitter and blog contests before so it gives me the drive to continue joining. :)

It was December of last year when Tim Yap held a contest via Twitter called the MEGAYAP4GRABS. This is where, in partnership with SM Megamall, Tim Yap tweets a different question everyday starting December 1 until December 25, 2012. You have to answer it starting 12 in the afternoon until 8 in the evening tagging @officialtimyap and @smmegamall on twitter with the hastag #MEGAYAP4GRABS. Each day, one winner is picked and is announced both by Tim Yap and SM Megamall on Twitter.

I remember It was around 6 pm and I was inside the bus on my way to my friend's celebration for passing the LET Exam. I was bored so I decided to browse tweets on my phone when I saw this tweet.


I took my chance and tweeted my answer but I was not really expecting to win.


It was later that night when I received a tweet mention stating I won the Clinique gift set! What is lucky? :) Early christmas gift indeed. :)


By January, all the 25 winners were invited by SM Megamall for a lunch with Tim Yap in HK Choi, Megamall. I was excited because I'll get to meet my MEGAYAP4GRABS family for the first time. :) We were served with sumptuous food! I also met the marketing people behind Megamall. They were very friendly and accommodating. All of my co-winners were also friendly and nice to talk to. We talked about the things that we won, work stuff and just about anything. Some of us were still in college but most of us are already working.

Photo from Ms. Thea Gonzales

Photo from Ms. Ms. Thea Gonzales
Tim Yap arrived a little later and joined us for lunch. As usual, he is very down-to-earth. He talked to each of us and we even had a fun group picture outside, in front of the humongous christmas tree! :)
Photo from Ms. Thea Gonzales


After a few days, Tim yap's article about MEGAYAP4GRABS was released. It was my first time to see my self in a news paper.. and probably the last. Haha

I had the greatest time and happy to have met new friends through this event. Thank you Mr. Tim Yap, Megamall and my MEGAYAP4GRABS fam! :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com