Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mango Tree Bistro, Trinoma

I’ve never been to a Thai restaurant before, and to tell you honestly, I have no idea about Thai food. So when I was invited by a friend to an event last Thursday (January 19) that will be held in a restaurant called Mango Tree Bistro in Trinoma Mall, I didn’t know what to expect.



As soon as we entered the restaurant, I noticed that it was a bit dark. The interior design was very chic and stylish. For me, it actually looks elegant and sophisticated. It has heavy use of black colors with a combination of purple and yellow because of the lights. There are also cushioned seats lining in one corner with pillow seats of different colors, such as orange and blue which makes it more lively.


The design is mostly black, with touches of purple seats and lamps.

Before the food is served, the waiter came and asked us for a choice of drink between lemon iced tea and lemon grass iced tea. Since I’ve already tasted lemon iced tea, I decided to choose the latter out of curiosity.


Then the much awaited food is served. I’m quite excited to taste almost every dish. :D
Yum Som O Goong (Php320)

Fresh prawns with pomelo salad and roasted grated coconut
*I’m not a fan of prawns but the combination of coconut and pomelo is actually good. :)

Pla Meuk Gratiem (Php250)

Stir fried squid with garlic pepper sauce
I actually loved the garlic pepper sauce! It tastes really good. Plus I love squids, period.
Tom Yun Goong (Php280)
Spicy Thai prawn soup with lemongrass, mushrooms, lime and chilies
It is okay for me. It has a bit of a sour taste and spicy as well.
Gaeng Kiew Wan Nova (Php380)
Beef fillet with eggplant in green curry
                                      
Gai Thai Krai Yang (Php280)

Grilled Thai herb chicken with lemon grass served with Northeastern Thai dipping sauce
I love this! The chicken is really soft and tender and juicy as well. :)
Pad Thai Goong (Php350)
Stir fried noodles with prawns in Phad Thai sauce
My favorite from all the dishes served. This is just so yummeehh! At first I thought it was cheese on top but it was actually an egg omelette. I actually planned on saving this one for last, but I couldn’t resist that I ate it all up too fast. He he Two thumbs up for this! :D
Tod Mun Goong (Php350)

Deep fried shrimp cakes served with sweet chili dipping sauce
Okay, this is my number 2 favorite! The shrimp filling inside is very juicy while outside it’s crispy. A dip into the sweet chili sauce gives it a different layer of taste. I actually saved this one for last. :)
And for the dessert..
Tub Tim grub (Php150)
Coconut milk with red ruby chest nuts and ice cubes
Red ruby chestnut is like jelly but when bitten, it actually has a crunch to it.
Mango Tree Bistro has a great ambiance and decent Thai food. This restaurant is actually a good try for me since I’m a first-timer to Thai food. Phad Thai, I definitely want to try you again…. SOON! :)
Mango Tree Bistro has branches in Bangkok, Tokyo, Dubai, Macau, London and here in Manila.
It is located in 3rd floor of Trinoma Mall, beside Power Books. Restaurant operating hours are 11AM to 10PM Sundays to Thursdays, and 11AM to 11Pm Fridays & Saturdays.
Contact details:
Mango Tree Bistro 
3rd Level, Trinoma Mall
EDSA cor. North Ave.
Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Phone Number:  (+632) 585-5460








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com